This module is designed to provide a learner with knowledge and competence in core hardware and operating system technologies. The learner will gain a broad knowledge of core hardware and operating system technologies including installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventative maintenance and basic networking. Click on the link to the CompTIA A+ site here.
On completion of this module the learner will have received training in order to assist him or her to understand, work on and maintain the following:
- PC hardware support - Operating Systems.
- Electricity and Power systems.
- CPUs and Motherboards.
- Basic Input/Output Systems. Memory Systems. Bus Structures.
- Expansion cards.
- Data Storage Devices- hardware drives, optical drives, removable drives.
- Video and Multimedia devices.
- Printers - inkjet, lasers, other types.
- Portable computers - notebook and handheld.
- Monitoring and Management.
- Connecting computers - wired, wireless and network architectures.
- Networking - addressing, internet connections, installations and trouble shooting.
- Security - operating system, security hardware, human aspects.
- Safety and hazards.
- Troubleshooting and maintaining a PC.
- Windows installation and upgrades.